The Nigerian Senate yesterday confirmed the nomination of all the 43 ministerial nominees sent to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.
This is even as it announces the leadership of the 69 Standing Committee in the 9th Senate.
The confirmation of the 43 ministerial nominees followed the conclusion of the confirmation hearing conducted by the upper chamber.
The President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, while announcing the constitution of Senate Standing Committees, named the chairmen and vice chairmen of the committees.
The Senate President at plenary yesterday named Barau Jibrin (APC-Kano) as chairman of the Appropriations Committee.
Mr Lawan also named Ademola Adeola Olamilekan as chairman of the Finance Committee.
Dino Melaye chairs Aviation Committee, while Oluremi Tinubu is the chairperson of Communications Committee.
Aliyu Wammako is the chairman of Defense Committee.
Others are Uba Sani, Senate Committee on Banking; Michael Bamidele, Committee on Judiciary and; Rochas Okorocha, Committee on Culture and Tourism.
1. Agriculture – Abdullahi Adamu, Bima Enagi.
2. Airforce – Bala Ibn Na’Allah, Michael Nnachi.
3. Anti-corruption and Financial Crimes – Suleiman Kwari, Aliyu Wamakko.
4. Appropriation – Barau Jibrin, Stella Oduah.
5. Army – Ali Ndume, Abba Moro.
6. Aviation – Dino Melaye, Bala Na’Allah.
7. Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions – Uba Sani, Orji Uzor Kalu.
8. Capital Market – Ibikunle Amosun, Binos Yero
9. Communications – Oluremi Tinubu, Ibrahim Bomai.
10. Corporation and Integration in Africa and NEPAD – Chimaroke Nnamani, Yusuf Yusuf.
11. Culture and Tourism – Rochas Okorocha, Ignatius Longjohn.
12. Customs, Excise and Tarrifs – Francis Alimekhena, Francis Fadahunsi.
13. Defence – Aliyu Wamakko, Istifanus Gyang.
14. Diaspora and NGOs – Bashiru Ajibola, Ibrahim Oloriegbe.
15. Downstream Petroleum Sector – Sabo Mohammed, Philip Aduda.
16.Drugs and Narcotics – Hezekaiah Dimka, Chimaroke Nnamani.
17. Ecology Climate Change – Mohammad Gusau, Olubunmi Adetunmbi.
18. Education (Basic and Secondary) – Ibrahim Geidam, Akon Eyakenyi
19. Employment, Labour and Productivity – Ben Umajumogwu, Kabiru Barkiya.
20. Environment – Ike Ekweremadu, Ibrahim Hadejia.
21. Establishment and Public Service – Ibrahim Shekarau, Barinadas Mpigi.
22. Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions – Patrick Akinyelure, Ahmed Babba-Kaita.
23. FCT – Abubakar Kyari, Tolu Odebiyi.
24.Federal Character and Intergovernmental Affairs – Danjuma Laah, Yahaya Gumau.
25. FERMA – Gershom Bassey, Kabir Barkiya.
26. Finance – Adeola Olamilekan, Isa Jibrin.
27. Foreign Affairs – Mohammed Bulkachuwa, Ignatius Longjohn.
28. Gas Resources – James Manager, Biobaraku Wangagra.
29. Health (Secondary and Tertiary) – Ibrahim Oloriegbe, Betty Apiafi.
30. Housing – Sam Egwu, Lola Ashiru.
31. ICT and Cybercrime – Yakubu Useni, Abdulfatai Buhari.
32. INEC – Kabiru Gaya, Sahabi Ya’u.
33. Industries – Adebayo Osinowo.
34. Information and National Communication – Danladi Sankara, Aishatu Ahmed.
35. Interior -Kashim Shettima, Diri Douye.
36. Interparliamentary Affairs – Godiya Akwashiki, Abba Moro.
37. Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters – Michael Bamidele, Emmanuel Oker-Jev.
38. Land Transport – Abdulfatai Buhari, Nicholas Tofowomo.
39. Legislative Compliance – Oriolowo Adeyemi, Sabi Abdullahi.
40. Local Content – Teslim Folarin, Sabi Abdullahi.
41. Local and Foreign Debts – Clifford Ordia, Bima Enagi.
42. Marine Transport – Danjuma Goje, Adebayo Osinowo.
43. Media and Public Affairs – Adedayo Adeyeye, Akwashiki Godiya.
44. National Identity and National Population – Sa’idu Alkali, Suleiman Kwari.
45. National Planning – Olubunmi Adetunmbi, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.
46. National Security and Intelligence – Abdullahi Gobir, Chukwuka Utazi.
47. Navy – George Sekibo, Elisha Abbo.
48. Niger Delta – Peter Nwabaoshi, Bulus Amos.
49. Petroleum Upstream – Albert Akpan, Ifeanyi Ubah.
50. Police affairs – Dauda Jika, Abubakar Tambuwal.
51. Poverty Alleviation and Social Investment Program – Lawal Gumau, Michael Nnachi.
52. Power -Gabriel Suswam, Enyinnaya Abaribe.
53. Primary Health Care and Communicable Diseases – Chuwkuka Utazi, Sadiq Umar.
54. Privatisation – Theodore Orji, Oriolowo Adeyemi.
55. Public Accounts – Mathew Urghohide, Ibrahim Hassan.
56. Public Procurement – Shuaibu Lau, Lola Ashiru.
57. Rules and business – Sadiq Umar, Yahaya Abdullahi.
58. Science and Technology – Uche Ekwunife, Robert Boroffice.
59. Senate Services – Sani Musa, Lawal Hassan.
60. Solid Minerals, Mine, Steel Development and Metallurgy – Tanko Almakura, Oriolowo Adeyeye.
61. Sports and Social Development – Joseph Garba
62. State and Local Government – Lekan Mustapha, Francis Onyewuchi.
63. Special duties – Yusuf Yusuf, Biobaraku Wangagra.
64. SDGs – Aisha Dahiru, Lekan Mustapha
65. Tertiary Institution and TETFUND – Ahmed Baba Kaita, Sandy Onor.
66. Trade and Investment – Rose Oko
67. Water Resources – Bello Mandiya, Christopher Ekpeyong.
68. Women Affairs and Youth Development – Betty Apiafi, Aishatu Dahiru.
69. Works – Adamu Aliero, Emmanuel Bwacha.
By Ikechukwu Aleke